[78-L] acoustic records

djoutrage at freeukisp.co.uk djoutrage at freeukisp.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 04:26:49 PDT 2012

hi again all,

I listen to my acoustic records on a later gramophone, from the late 20s
mostly, but also on a moddern transcription turntable and far prefer the
former. that beautiful shum! sound as the needle goes into the grooves
always sounds so much more nice and crisp and clear on the gramophone, as
does the music. Then there's the process of winding it up, changing the
needle, i love all of that.

Also early discs have a ridge/rim around the edge that i like to place a
finger on as the record goes round, i think i can hear them coming to take
me away as i type...