[78-L] How do you organize your collection?

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 15:04:54 PDT 2012

I have mine organized to a degree. Beginning with size. 10", 12", 16".
Then speed - 78 and LP. Then format as well - CDs are separate from
cassettes, records, open reel tapes. That should be fairly obvious as
these are all different sized. Classical in in one place. Subdivided
into piano, orchestral, vocal. Popular is not so well organized but it
is smaller and also divided by format. Then there is misc. & spoken.
Test CDs.

Piano is alphabetized by last name. CDs also. Transcriptions are
organized by classical, pop, OTR and by something resembling a last name
or title.

I have not quite figured out what to do with cassettes, CD-Rs, open
reels that I recorded myself which have various performers contained in
one item.

I was working hard on this and then got distracted by other things. Now
I've just started a deep decluttering.

It never seems to end.

joe salerno

--