[78-L] Carl's Jr.

Ray kil at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 4 20:34:32 PDT 2012

Interesting subject.

Here's one I'm sure of....
A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON - Louis Armstrong for Visa

These two I'm fairly sure of...
I'M A MAN - Bo Diddley for Nissan
GO BOY GO - Sugar Chile Robinson for Dockers

This one is possible (1960 recording)
JE NE REGRETTE RIEN - Edith Piaf for eBay

And this one I need some help on..  A song that probably predates 78s
entirely....
ALOUETTE for Target
Internet searches indicate it is a Delta Rhythm Boys record from 1958.
Could that be on 78?  Don't know the label.
RayK

From: David Lennick
Actually I've heard 3 in the last year. Peggy Lee's "It's A Good Day" has
turned up on a couple of spots, and a Doris Day song I couldn't identify was
in
use a few months ago..both of these may be Canadian productions only. Funny
thing is that I can identify the music but not the products. There was also
spot for a housepainting crew that used something by Django and Stephane
which
had nothing to do with the content of the commercial..somebody obviously
just
liked it.

Also, one episode of Mad Men closed with a transfer that could only have
come
from one of my old Intersound CDs (I know my reverb and my splices). I'm
workin' on that one because the current owners of Intersound didn't provide
the
license and that transfer hasn't been reissued.