[78-L] Things found in Buffalo yesterday/ Now Benny Carter Plays Pretty on Norgran MGN 1015

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 11:48:23 PDT 2012

 Norgran MGN 1015 "Benny Carter (Plays Pretty/Moonglow)"
Recorded in L.A. on June 23, 1954
Carter (alto); Don Abney (p); George Duvivier (b); Louis Bellson (d)

"Mooonglow"
"My One And Only Love"
"Our Love Is Here To Stay"
"Tenderly"
"Unforgettable"
"Ruby" "Moonsong"

Note: Two takes (-3 and -4) were made of "Moonsong"

Al Simmons

Also issued on Verve MGV 2025