[78-L] Vince Giordano Schedule. July-August

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 11 16:27:32 PDT 2012

July - August 2012

Note from DL..THE GOLDKETTE PROJECT is available once again. See CD listing
below. (I still have the vinyl version I bought from Royal Garden Records years
ago!)

==============================

GRAMMY AWARD WINNER
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
We are proud to announce that our CD: BOARDWALK EMPIRE: Volume 1 – Music from
the HBO Original Series
Won a GRAMMY at the 54th Annual GRAMMY AWARDS for BEST COMPILATION SOUNDTRACK
FOR VISUAL MEDIA!!!
See below to purchase your copy!

Saturday, July 14th
6:30pm – 8:30pm Concert & Dance
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
Gordon Hall is one of the finest chamber music halls in the country
with legendary acoustics and resonant, full-bodied sound.
There will be a dance floor too!
Music Mountain
Gordon Hall at 225 Music Mountain Road
Falls Village, CT  06039
For ticket info: call the Box Office: 860-824-7126
www.musicmountain.org

Mondays & Tuesdays
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Sofia's Restaurant
(Downstairs) Club Cache adjacent to the Edison Hotel
221 W. 46th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue), New York, NY
$15. cash cover charge at the door + $15. food/drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.719.5799 - doors open at 7:00pm

Wednesday, July 18th
5:00pm Gates Open
6:30pm Dance Lesson
7:00pm – 9:00pm Concert & Dance
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
Bring a lawn chair or blanket & a couple of friends, and we'll provide the
soundtrack for an enjoyable evening under the stars.
Arrive early to picnic and stroll the gardens.
Old Westbury Gardens
71 Old Westbury Road
Old Westbury, NY 11568
www.oldwestburygardens.org
Admission $10 – Members & Seniors $8
Kids 17 & under FREE.

Sunday, August 5th
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing HOT JAZZ of the 1920s & '30s on the Quad Stage
1:40pm - 2:40pm
Bring a couple of friends and arrive early to enjoy all the
Amazing Jazz Artists at the world-renown
Newport Jazz Festival
Fort Adams State Park
90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport, RI 02840
BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
http://www.newportjazzfest.net/

Friday, August 10th
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
9:30pm – 10:30pm Concert & Dance
Enjoy the action from your seat, the lawn or on the dance floor!
Litchfield Jazz Festival
Goshen Fair Grounds
116 Old Middle Street, Goshen, CT 06756
BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
http://litchfieldjazzfest.com/festival/ljf-lineup/

Sunday, August 19th
7:30pm
Two Rivers Theater
PRESENTS an Intimate Evening with
Leon Redbone
with guest Vince Giordano
The careers of performers who reside in the limelight are usually short-lived
and over-overexposed.
So it’s refreshing to encounter Leon Redbone, who has for decades remained so
musically resonant and personally elusive.
Two Rivers Theater, 21 Bridge Ave, Red Bank, NJ
To purchase tickets call: (732) 345-1400
http://www.trtc.org/calendar_tickets/calendar.php?articledatesID=674&action=showevent&month=8&year=2012

If you would like to order our CDs –
I have these CD's available at $17. Each including postage within USA:

*
1. Quality Shout
2. Cheek to Cheek
3. Cotton Club Revisited
4. Goldkette Project (back In-Stock)
5. The Aviator – Movie Soundtrack
6. Its D'Lovely – the music of Cole Porter (back In-Stock)
7. Moonlight Serenade – Big Band Hits
8. Boardwalk Empire - Volume One: Music from the HBO Original Series

****

Send orders to: Vince Giordano, 1316 Elm Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230
Checks and PayPal accepted. Please make checks payable to "Vince Giordano"
Please indicate clearly which CD's you are ordering, along with the quantity.
To order CDs through PayPal: vincegiordano at optonline.net

See our website: http://www.VinceGiordano.com

Newport Jazz Festival
Video!https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gLrwgho6qco

Here are some write-ups!

To open the http: CTRL + click to follow link

http://velvetroper.com/2012/05/21/4510/

http://offoffbroadway.broadwayworld.com/article/Carole-J-Bufford-Stars-in-SPEAK-EASY-with-Vince-Giordano-and-the-Nighthawks-55-524-20120413

http://t2conline.com/star-wattage-carole-bufford-in-speak-easy/

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/node/1907972

The New York Times by Stephen Holden
http://tinyurl.com/7jpgftl

The Wall Street Journal by Will Friedwald
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203471004577142963839259688.html

Times Square Chronicles
http://t2conline.com/?p=8156

Artist Direct
http://tinyurl.com/3u37atp

Blog Critics
http://tinyurl.com/44mga6t

Huffington Post
http://tinyurl.com/4y7ody9

Daily Record
http://tinyurl.com/3rsg84h

Atlantic City Weekly
http://tinyurl.com/3w7zxal

Jade Sphinx Blog
http://tinyurl.com/3d59ala

Voice of America
http://tinyurl.com/3n43wcq

Here are a couple of stellar reviews that came out last July…

The Underground Boogie
Wall Street Journal
By WILL FRIEDWALD Vince Giordano is Hollywood's go-to guy whenever someone is

needed to authentically re-create vintage jazz or pop music—as you can hear, ...

http://tinyurl.com/3t3doml

Vince Giordano: Yesterday Man
JazzTimes Magazine
Dancers are swaying and sashaying in elegant ballroom fashion as

Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks beat out another hot-jazz gem. ...

http://tinyurl.com/3gy46xl

We had a great time in April at TCM Film Festival in Hollywood…

Watch this Pod-Cast~

http://vimeo.com/23188371

Or read some of the reviews~

http://tinyurl.com/3sret7e

http://tinyurl.com/45xyhwv

http://tinyurl.com/3nxrptf

Here's a write-up in the New Jersey STAR LEDGER by Tris McCall...

http://tinyurl.com/4jm3qlh

Check out this great blog by Michael Steinman -

http://jazzlives.wordpress.com

Vince Giordano's Nighthawks ~ phone: 718-376-3489 ~ email:
vincegiordano at optonline.net

Become a friend on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vince.giordano1

------------

Some times people ask us, “What happens at Sofia’s when we are not
there?”…. Please see below!

My Sinatra, at Sofia's Downstairs Theater, Off Broadway!  My Sinatra is now
playing at Sofia's Downstairs Theater at 221 West 46th Street, inside the
Edison Hotel.  The star, Cary Hoffman, sings over 20 of Sinatra's classic songs
as a musical score to his hilarious and poignant story...you won't believe your
ears!

"The best Sinatra singer in the world!" Jackie Mason

"Dead on." New York Times

"Uncanny..." Crain's New York

"A mesmerizing musical memoir" Bloomspot

“Mesmerizing…A fascinating, intriguing, entertaining and touching tale of
the effect a star can have on a fan’s life.” – The LA Times

  Performance schedule: Thursday and Fridays at 7:30pm, Saturdays at 8pm,
Sundays at 3pm

www.mysinatra.com

The devil-may-care style and incomparable charm of Frank Sinatra cascade
through the microphone once again at Cary Hoffman’s riveting one-man show, My
Sinatra. More than a cover concert, this musical performance explores the
sometimes strange, frequently funny, and always interesting life of Hoffman
himself, a Sinatra idolizer with an unparalleled ability to channel the
voice of Ol’ Blue Eyes.

Fatherless from an early age, Hoffman grew up under the stewardship of his
mother and four musician uncles—some of whom played with Sinatra himself in
studio recording sessions. Throughout My Sinatra, he smoothly interweaves his
personal tale of musical obsession with Sinatra’s own larger-than-life story,
densely dotting it with arresting performances of Sinatra’s greatest hits.
The end result is a mesmerizing musical memoir that completed a run of 16
sold-out months at the NYC Triad cabaret before moving to its new home at the
Midtown Theatre.

As the accompanying pianist splashes vibrant melodies from the ivory keys,
Hoffman’s infectious passion brings together this triumphant tribute to a
true American sensation.  -Bloomspot