[78-L] BG question

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Jun 20 08:03:42 PDT 2012

I have several label images of the various issues in this 78rpm 27-xxxx series.
All are Record Prevues.
Surprisingly they occur in a few limited ranges, and possibly do not form a
continuous series.
27-0114 - 27-0119 (0118 not seen) = All Star Band & Goodman sets.
27-0135 - 27-0143 (0136 & 0139 not seen) = Great Trumpet / Tenor / Artie Shaw sets.
27-0159 = Glenn Miller.

han enderman
===

Right..that's Victor's standard style, and there wouldn't have been commercial
78RPM issues for any of these sets by 1952. "Great Trumpet Artists" is similar,
3 discs in a packer, 27-xxxx numbers in parentheses on the labels.
A single 45 on my shelf, Tommy Dorsey's "Boogie Woogie" b/w Larry Clinton's "Martha",
is 27-0003 from set WPT 2.

By the way, I've had 4 or 5 of these promo sets and never seen a liner note in
any of them.
dl
<<<