[78-L] Stars from the Golden Age of Radio

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Thu May 24 17:38:13 PDT 2012

Greetings from FixitLand!

Dennis Flannigan wrote:

> Listening today to NPR affiliate, KUOW-FM, Seattle, WA. There was a
> segment
> on the golden age of radio, and part of it is specifically about
> *Gunsmoke*rehearsals done every Saturday morning over the 10 year life
> of the program.
>
> The rehearsals were off the cuff, comedic and generally escapes for
> professional radio actors having to go over their lines. Actors, sound
> effects folks and the band would adlib during these rehearsals.
> Turns out
> they were recorded, and if you listen to this twenty plus minute
> segment
> you'll hear some of the official show, then followed by the
> rehearsal tape.
> Much fun. Below is the link to KUOW-FM, and the show.
>
> Dennis
>
>    Stars from the Golden Age of Radio <http://shar.es/qsdyt>
> Source: kuow.org

Hmmm...I downloaded the program at this link; although it was about
OTR and *was* interesting, I heard nothing about "Gunsmoke"
rehearsals. The file I downloaded was "weekdaya20070622.mp3" -- maybe
the show you're talking about is a different date?

Confused as always,

Joe
--
"MMEEOOWW!!"--Douglas Fur and Kimberly Fur