[78-L] Stars from the Golden Age of Radio

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:19:00 PDT 2012

Listening today to NPR affiliate, KUOW-FM, Seattle, WA. There was a segment
on the golden age of radio, and part of it is specifically about
*Gunsmoke*rehearsals done every Saturday morning over the 10 year life
of the program.

The rehearsals were off the cuff, comedic and generally escapes for
professional radio actors having to go over their lines. Actors, sound
effects folks and the band would adlib during these rehearsals. Turns out
they were recorded, and if you listen to this twenty plus minute segment
you'll hear some of the official show, then followed by the rehearsal tape.
Much fun. Below is the link to KUOW-FM, and the show.

Dennis

   Stars from the Golden Age of Radio <http://shar.es/qsdyt>
Source: kuow.org

Not long ago, the radio airwaves were full of stories. Not news stories, or
features – but theater. We fondly remember this time as radio's golden age.
Since modern radio is so different now, many of the skills it took to
produce sound rich radio dramas have been forgotten. Today, we remember.
<http://shar.es/qsdyt>
  krabgrass at aol.com sent this using ShareThis <http://sharethis.com/>.
Please note that ShareThis does not verify the ownership of this email
address.

Share anything, anywhere from your browser.
Install<http://sharethis.com/features/download>the ShareThis toolbar.