[78-L] eBay question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon May 21 07:46:20 PDT 2012

How do I (or the buyer) half-cancel a bid? I had a bunch of "buy it now" items
listed, and in a couple of cases I had a few copies available. One bidder
mistakenly bid twice on two of them and acknowledges that he doesn't want the
doubles. Do I bill him for less than the amount, invoice and then refund, or
can he retract half of each bid or does he have to cancel his bids entirely
which I presume would return the items to the list so he can reorder? Each
double bid was on an item where 2 copies remained, so both listings then
disappeared as "sold".

Not OT, these were reissue compilations.