[78-L] Buying new 78s [was Re: Fwd: DeitrichFischer-Diskau[fwd]]

Howard Hoffmaster hhoffmast at att.net
Sun May 20 13:29:04 PDT 2012

Started 1940-41 in Commodore Record Shop on 42 St., New York. Bought a
little at another shop which I believe had their own brand record players.
Walked by at night the Commodore Shop on 52nd(?) St.; never bought
there..for some reason, we looked down on that location.

Also bought at another record shop in White Plains, owner not as scary as
the Commodore bunch, and bought a few at the department store in Scarsdale.
All this egged on by Bob Wilber and his bunch, all fellow classmates in high
school.

Howard Hoffmaster