[78-L] Toscanini's 1943 German Requiem

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:56:21 PDT 2012

is now available from Andrew Rose of Pristine Classical. Sample the last
10 minnits of "Lord Make Me to Know"  -

http://www.pristineclassical.com/LargeWorks/Vocal/PACO050.php

I am rather astounded by the transfer. Andrew had a really sweet
original source to work from. Hard to believe this broadcast is from 1943.

He added a small amount of convolution reverb, which simulates the sound
of a real hall. It is not just digital echo. This is the first time I
have heard a vintage recording with reverb added that I felt the results
were successful and didn't sound like a vintage recording with phoney echo.

And if you want a low rez (128 kbps) copy for free, it is available from
the web site for a limited time. Andrew really is generous with giving
away complete low-rez samples of his work.

Joe Salerno