[78-L] Victor Scroll Labels in Canada?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 3 17:57:32 PDT 2012

Compo issued electricals before other labels, but they were from Marsh Labs.
Tell me more about Compo doing Victor's electrical tests!
There's an interesting hybrid disc released only in Canada, purporting to be
Jack Shilkret's Orchestra doing YOU AND I acoustically on one side (blue label)
and electrically on the other (black label). The odd thing is that they are
likely not the same orchestra at all, and the electrical side appears to be of
Canadian origin but nobody's found out which orchestra did it. It sounds to me
as if someone copied the arrangement from the acoustical side and had a local
orchestra try and duplicate it. It also sounds as if the transcriber played the
acoustical version at the wrong speed because the sides don't match in pitch,
and not in an "acousticals play faster" fashion.

dl