[78-L] Bowmar Records

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Thu Mar 8 09:16:51 PST 2012

I have been accumulating a list of Bowmar releases.  If anyone wants to put in in shape
and make it available freely on this list or internet site, I will send it.

The California album by SAM HINTON was also issued on LP.

Best wishes, Thomas.

1953 Los Angeles, CA
[BOWMAR RECORDS, 5415 Crenshaw Boulevard, Los Angeles 43, California]
Recording Supervision ROBERTA McLAUGHLIN
[Music Consultant, Los Angeles County Schools, California]

BOWMAR RECORDS 1610-1613                    4-10" 78rpm  1953
[box with 4 78's, 4pp notes and texts
(c)1953 Stanley B. Bowmar]

BOWMAR B-105 LP                                   LP     1965 gf
[Bowmar Records, Inc  622 Rodier Drive, Glendale, California 94201]
NOTE: LP contains spoken narrative NOT on 78's (rephrasing of notes),
         one song cut
         NO performer credits
         gatefold contains same notes/texts as inserted in 78rpm box
         back cover lists other Bowmar productions

FOLK SONGS OF CALIFORNIA AND THE OLD WEST
Edited and supervised by Roberta McLaughlin.
texts in album
  Ben Cruz; Sam Hinton

BOWMAR 1610-A 1. INDIAN DANCE SONG  Vocal: Sam Hinton           B-105 A1
              2. MIWOK AIR          Vocal: Sam Hinton           B-105 A2
              3. LA INDITA          Vocal: Ben Cruz             not on LP

BOWMAR 1610-B 1. CANTICO DEL ALBA   vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 A3
              2. ALABADO            vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 A4
              3. EL ZAPTERO         vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 A5

BOWMAR 1611-A RE  1. LA NOCHE 'STA SERENA  vocal: Ben Cruz      B-105 A6
                  2. EL CAPOTIN            vocal: Ben Cruz      B-105 A7

BOWMAR 1611-B 1. PAPA QUELELE       vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 A8
              2. LA PRIMAVERA       vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 A9
              3. LA MAMACA          vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 B1

BOWMAR 1612-A 1. CIELITO LINDO      vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 B2
              2. LAS MANANITAS      vocal: Ben Cruz             B-105 B3

BOWMAR 1612-B 1. SWEET BETSY FROM PIKE  Vocal: Sam Hinton       B-105 B4
              2. LINEN CLOTHES          Vocal: Sam Hinton       B-105 B5

BOWMAR 1613-A 1. SACRAMENTO         Vocal: Sam Hinton           B-105 B6
              2. A RIPPING TRIP     Vocal: Sam Hinton           B-105 B8

BOWMAR 1613-B 1.CLEMENTINE          Vocal: Sam Hinton           B-105 B9
              2.OH! CALIFORNIA [O California] Vocal: Sam Hinton B-105 B7