[78-L] Bowmar Records

Gene Baron gene.baron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:07:29 PST 2012

Hi,

I am glad you brough this up as it may spur me to get back to something I
started a while ago.  I am very slowly going through maybe 400-500 or so
78's of folk/ethnic/folk dance music passed on to me from a good friend and
fellow long-time folk dance teacher when he went to a retirement living
place.  It is a very interesting collection of mostly post-WWII records,
from major labels (Columbia, Decca, etc.) to the most prolific folk dance
specialty companies (Folkraft, Michael Herman's The Folk Dancer) down to
very specialized ones ('American Relief for Czechoslovakia', for example).
I am cataloging them as time allows, and I do have at least a few Bowmar
records (I have made it through the 'B's) of mainly South American folk
dance music, I think.  I will check these at home this evening and let you
know what is there.  I also don't know much about the label or its
background.  Thanks.

Gene
gene.baron at gmail.com