[78-L] OT: Latter-day Rosemary Clooney recordings

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 22 19:48:29 PST 2012

I also remember Rosemary cut a remake of SUZY SNOWFLAKE for her 1978
Christmas LP on Mistletoe.  The Mistletoe version is still heard at
Christmas time on the air, while I never hear the Columbia original.
I wonder if your CD might have come from a K-Tel record from 1981.  I found
this info on the Rosemary Clooney site.  It's not clear where K-Tel got the
recordings.

THE VERY BEST OF ROSEMARY CLOONEY & THE FOUR ACES - not originals /
re-recorded tracks.
Side 1 : Band 2 : Botch-A-Me ; 5 : Come On-A-My House ; 7 : Half as Much
Side 2 : Band 3 : Hey There ; 6 : This Ole House ) K-TEL RECORDS TN 806321
(P) 1981

K-Tel also put out these five tracks on a short CD in 2007.
RayK

From: Randy Watts
An off-topic question, but I haven't been able to find any information
elsewhere and thought I would ask here. A Reader's Digest CD I picked up
recently has four cuts on it by Rosemary Clooney, stereo remakes of "Come
On-a My House," "Half as Much," "Hey There," and "This Ole House." There's
no discographical information provided on these. Just a note that they were
licensed from Dominion Entertainment. I was wondering if anybody knows
anything about them. When they were recorded, where, for whom. That kind of
thing. Judging by her voice, I'm guessing they're from the '70s.

It's not life-or-death information. Just curiosity, really. I never knew
Clooney remade any of her '50s hits, given her antipathy to much of her
material from that era.

The CD was in a boxful of Reader's Digest CDs I picked up very cheap. Mostly
multi-disc sets, licensed heavily from RCA and MCA. Back when there was an
RCA and an MCA to license from.