[78-L] OT: Latter-day Rosemary Clooney recordings

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 18:46:13 PST 2012

An off-topic question, but I haven't been able to find any information elsewhere and thought I would ask here. A Reader's Digest CD I picked up recently has four cuts on it by Rosemary Clooney, stereo remakes of "Come On-a My House," "Half as Much," "Hey There," and "This Ole House." There's no discographical information provided on these. Just a note that they were licensed from Dominion Entertainment. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them. When they were recorded, where, for whom. That kind of thing. Judging by her voice, I'm guessing they're from the '70s.

It's not life-or-death information. Just curiosity, really. I never knew Clooney remade any of her '50s hits, given her antipathy to much of her material from that era.

The CD was in a boxful of Reader's Digest CDs I picked up very cheap. Mostly multi-disc sets, licensed heavily from RCA and MCA. Back when there was an RCA and an MCA to license from.

Oh, and I also recently picked up a nice, complete set of the Ruppli Decca books for $200. They were priced at $40 each, but the woman selling them agreed to knock the price down if I would agree to take all six books. I let her talk me into it.  :)  Was glad to find the set. I have his other books but had never gotten around to getting the Deccas, and I'm not sure the publisher even has them available, anymore.

Randy