[78-L] I'll Say She Does

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 15:30:26 PST 2012

In a message dated 1/7/2012 5:27:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rwade1947 at comcast.net writes:

Hi  David,

According to Tom Lord's Jazz Discography the tune is  "Lucille.

Recoded in New York March 29, 1919, by Wilbur Sweatman's  Original Jazz
Band : William Hicks (tp) John Reeves (tb) Wilbur Sweatman  (cl,ldr) Dan Parish
(p) Walter Gray (bj) Arnold Ford, Arthur Shaw, Arthur Gray  (banjoline)
unknown (d)

Tunes:

78373-2    I'll say she  does (Intro 'n' Everything)

78374-2    Lucille

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

On Jan 7,  2012, at 3:47 PM, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:

> I'm trying to find details  of a record in the "American Dance Bands on
Record and Film (1915-1942)" but  am having no luck.  The record is Columbia
A2752, the titles are "I'll  Say She Does" and the other side title is
obliterated but it may be "Lucille",  (Luxxxle).  It is by Wilbur Sweatman's
Original Jazz Band.  I guess  it's possible this was recorded before 1915.  The
last time I posted a  problem I was having with this directory one of our
posters was able to help  me out;  can anyone help me here?.