[78-L] I'll Say She Does

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 15:34:17 PST 2012

Ignore this message from me.  Please !

george j gaskin

In a message dated 1/7/2012 6:32:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
L78rpm at aol.com writes:

In a message dated 1/7/2012 5:27:22 P.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
rwade1947 at comcast.net writes:

Hi   David,

According to Tom Lord's Jazz Discography the tune is   "Lucille.

Recoded in New York March 29, 1919, by Wilbur  Sweatman's  Original Jazz
Band : William Hicks (tp) John Reeves (tb)  Wilbur Sweatman  (cl,ldr) Dan
Parish
(p) Walter Gray (bj) Arnold  Ford, Arthur Shaw, Arthur Gray  (banjoline)
unknown  (d)

Tunes:

78373-2    I'll say she  does (Intro  'n' Everything)

78374-2    Lucille

Best  regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records

On Jan 7,  2012,  at 3:47 PM, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:

> I'm trying to find details   of a record in the "American Dance Bands on
Record and Film (1915-1942)"  but  am having no luck.  The record is
Columbia
A2752, the  titles are "I'll  Say She Does" and the other side title is
obliterated but it may be "Lucille",  (Luxxxle).  It is by  Wilbur
Sweatman's
Original Jazz Band.  I guess  it's possible  this was recorded before 1915.
 The
last time I posted a   problem I was having with this directory one of our
posters was able to  help  me out;  can anyone help me here?.

>  Thanks!
>  db

Roger   Wade
Really Old   Records