[78-L] Coast Records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 8 20:02:22 PST 2011

Okay, I am correcting myself..the paste-over labels are on TOP of Coast, and
they're BANTAM Records. And those are red and blue. The Coast labels
are..black? Here's what Lord shows for Isham Jones on Coast:

  	New York, c. 1947
M-61	It had to be you (cm vcl) 	Coast 8022
M-63	On the Alamo (cm vcl) 	     -    , Living Era (E)CDAJA5320 [CD]
	The one I love belongs to somebody else (cm vcl) 	      8025
	I'll never have to dream again (cm vcl) 	     -
JRC-280-2	How many tears must fall ? (ba vcl) 	Bantam 9001
JRC-282-2	She picked it up in Mexico (ba vcl) 	      -
Note: 	Other matrices for the last two titles are RL5242, DEX S-7 and RL5244,
DEX S-7.

8022 and 8025 are the outside numbers for the set Jeff mentions, right? I
bought this set some years ago, possibly from Tom Hawthorn, and they have
Bantam labels. Blue. I also have Bantam 9001 and it's a vinyl pressing with red
labels.  Standard Transcription X-268 is Isham Jones, containing the following:
Everytime I See You/I'll See You In My Dreams/I'll Never Have to Dream Again/It
Had to Be You/To Good for My Own Good/She Picked It Up in Mexico/How Many Tears
Must Fall?/My Best to You

CM is Curt Massey. BA is Bob Allen. Jones hadn't recorded since some Associated
sides in 1940, and didn't record again after the 1947 sides. I believe the
Standards and Coasts are the same recordings, with 4 sides not mentioned by
Lord on Coast 8023 and 8024.

dl