[78-L] Coast Records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 8 19:37:55 PST 2011

Could it be that Jones paid for the sessions and leased them to Standard? I
seem to recall that the paste-over labels on my 78s (which are SOMEWHERE around
here) were on top of another brand. I've definitely had red, blue and black
Coast labels.

Standard was known to share, it seems to me. They had King Cole Trio recordings
common to Keystone Transcriptions. They also recorded the Don Cossack Choir,
and those recordings ended up on Concert Hall; their Paris Symphony Orchestra
recordings of some classical compositions were issued on Discovery; I doubt
that Elie Oberstein stole those Teddy Wilson tracks to put them out on Allegro.

dl