[78-L] posting 78rpm records on YouTube - help!

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 4 11:37:44 PST 2011

On 12/4/2011 2:05 PM, Tyrone Settlemier wrote:
> What's really annoying me is that corporations seem to be able to claim ownership on material for which they have no right, and woe to you if you try to reason with them.
>
> Tyrone

Read Jelly Roll Morton's biography..Benny Goodman and others had huge hits with
KING PORTER STOMP and Morton couldn't collect a cent. Even a couple of decades
after his death, when ASCAP finally coughed up, the settlement was paid to the
widower of a woman who claimed Morton's estate as her own, even though there
was a legal wife elsewhere.