[78-L] posting 78rpm records on YouTube - help!

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 4 11:05:09 PST 2011

That's correct.  Many videos are blocked in Germany, anything owned by Universal or the part of SME that was part of BMG.  I don't have a problem with that.  I don't mind the real owners claiming their rightful ownership.  For that reason, I won't upload anything I know is owned by Warner, because it's theirs, not mine, and if they don't want it uploaded that's their right.  On the other hand, I feel much warmer towards Sony, Universal, and others who allow me to post historical material that belongs to them, but which they can't/won't make available themselves.

What's really annoying me is that corporations seem to be able to claim ownership on material for which they have no right, and woe to you if you try to reason with them.

Tyrone