[78-L] Twins separated at birth?

Rod Brown raudiobrown at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:56:52 PST 2011

Folks, I recently gave my sweetie a blast from the past by wining a copy of
Tubby The Tuba, the version narrated by Victor Jory on the Cosmo label, off
of dire old ebay. I had never heard this one before, and was immediately
struck by how similar Jory's narrative style was to that of Dwight Fiske.

I was a bit young when those artists were working, and wouldn't be
surprised to learn that many other actors plied the same tools of the
trade: lots of shifts between loud/soft, fast/slow, all for dramatic or
humorous effect.

I couldn''t help but be surprised that these very different types of
record, one for kids, the other for adults, featured such similar delivery.

Best,
Rod