[78-L] grading 78s with lamination cracks

Rod Brown raudiobrown at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:07:59 PST 2011

I'm afraid this issue has probably been discussed roughly a bazillion times
already. If there's enough patience for one more go-round, I'd be
interested to hear how list members take laminate cracks into account when
grading 78s for sale. On-list or off is equally fine with me.

I've got some Columbias, Brunswicks and Okehs that I'll be selling a few
weeks hence, and many are in beautiful shape except for a few each of these
blessed cracks. Does one simply lower them from E- to VG+?

Do we have theories (or facts) on what causes 'em?

Thanks for any advice, clues, etc.

Rod