[78-L] Phantom eBay winner

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sun Nov 13 20:26:10 PST 2011

Some of the posts on this subject have been off the mark.

I am in several ways a calypso person and a calypso record person.

Sellers tell me this has been going on for a year or two.  The phantom is in England.  Constantly sets up new oyVey accounts and will bid 40 50-60+ times before he is stopped.  oyVey continues to accept him setting up these new accounts and refuses to go after him despite the disruption he causes.  I and others have gotten a few calypso items directly from sellers or via 2nd chances.  I think going after him does not fit into oyVey's business model, which has largely drifted towards supporting large-scale marketers.

Good luck, David./steve