[78-L] Phantom eBay winner

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 13 20:37:21 PST 2011

I've been hit by him a few times, as I mentioned. Does anyone know if it's
possible to cancel his bid immediately or do we still have to go through the
whole procedure of invoicing him and then re-selling when eBay cancels (which
it has, twice in my experience)? I'm a bit reluctant to go the "no bids unless
you have 10 positive feedbacks" route since I had what appeared to be legit
bids from a newish buyer with 1 positive feedback and a US address. I'm also
pretty steamed about the wasted time.  Amazingly, I had 3 calypso items listed
and the phantom only bid on two of them. Looking forward to more rumficken when
I list the mint "Too Hot to Handle" on Canadian Quality.

But when eBay wants to go after sellers..zowie! I still haven't had a
satisfactory explanation for their pulling my Ravens aircheck a few months ago.

dl