[78-L] Mein Schatz ist goldet

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Tue Nov 8 07:52:45 PST 2011

Joe Salerno wrote:

"Recently, I caught the Comedian Harmonist's short video of Wochenend
und Sonnnenshein (sp?) on the Classic Arts channel.
Something I had noticed before, in the title, at the bottom it says "der
schatz ist goldet"
What is this reffering to? Is it possibly a source from which this
little video was excerpted?
--

"Rainer Lotz wrote:
"...goldet is not a German word and makes no sense"
--

It actually is a German word, or an inflected word: present tense
indicative in the third person singular and second person plural of

Probably "der Schatz ist goldet" is a typo for "der Schatz is golden" -
"the treasure is golden" - where golden is used as an adjective.
Hoping my school German helps - just brushed it up in Berlin for a few
days...
Kristjan