[78-L] For old timey TV fans..slight 78RPM connection

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 07:53:48 PDT 2011

On 27/10/11 15:19, David Lennick wrote:
> There was a "Mr. Peepers" set put out about 5 years ago. I have to confess that
> the audio was so ghastly on the first episode (crude kinescope) I never went
> back to it. There's also a Victor Borge box set of his 1950 programs. You want
> great cult stuff? Look for "At Last the 1948 Show" and "Do Not Adjust Your
> Set", 60s comedy shows featuring (separately) the yet-to-be Monty Python cast
> and the Bonzo Dog Band. And Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's "Not Only But Also"
> which contains the only surviving episodes (6).
>

> dl

Oddly enough, regardless of the picture quality, the sound has been
pretty decent on various sets of TV programmes I've bought recently.

Can anyone explain when a filmed, rather than live, series is sold to a
TV company, what happens to the film after the airing? Have the company
the rights to show it in perpetuity or do what they will with it?

      Julian Vein