[78-L] For old timey TV fans..slight 78RPM connection

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 27 07:19:04 PDT 2011

There was a "Mr. Peepers" set put out about 5 years ago. I have to confess that
the audio was so ghastly on the first episode (crude kinescope) I never went
back to it. There's also a Victor Borge box set of his 1950 programs. You want
great cult stuff? Look for "At Last the 1948 Show" and "Do Not Adjust Your
Set", 60s comedy shows featuring (separately) the yet-to-be Monty Python cast
and the Bonzo Dog Band. And Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's "Not Only But Also"
which contains the only surviving episodes (6).

I'm still waiting for "The Brothers" (Gale Gordon & Bob Sweeney) but I ain't
holdin' my breath.

dl