[78-L] A doubt about EQ curves

S&R Pinsker spinsker at erols.com
Mon Oct 17 21:09:51 PDT 2011

No question that I have a more than gradual high frequency hearing loss (I'm only 86)
but it has some musical advantages. When tested a lifetime ago, I had a very steep
peak in the treble range and that is now quite reduced, making some things easier
for me to listen to; the Callas wobble seems less pronounced, the the chalk on the
blackboard screatch of sopranos like Ljuba Welitsch is now less irritating and I
don't find most Steinways voiced with too brilliant a treble; all due to roll-off in the
overtone range. However, I have no trouble hearing the "dinner bell" or 78 and
LP surface noise.
Bob P ( eh, what did you say?)