[78-L] A doubt about EQ curves

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Fri Oct 14 18:07:48 PDT 2011

Señor Cubillo,

If flat treble sounds right to you, don't be afraid to make your
transfer that way!
Don't be afraid to use your ears!

Most "rules" are only valid for a certain period of time, and a
certain number of
recordings.

But when you remove the RIAA ("RIAA eliminated"), are you also
removing the
bass compensation which is a part of that curve?  (RIAA is really two
curves, one
on the top and one - or two -  on the bottom.

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services
Transfers of metal parts, lacquers,