[78-L] European Sound Recording Copyright Extension

Bill Clark bill78 at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 12 04:38:51 PDT 2011

It seems the EU have just passed the legislation.

http://euroalert.net/en/news.aspx?idn=13408

It is worth downloading the EU document:

http://register.consilium.europa.eu/pdf/en/11/pe00/pe00016.en11.pdf

referred to in the article.

The key paragraph I think is on page 14 but I still can't decide if it
revives copyright on existing public domain items.  My reading is that it
doesn't.  Any lawyers out there who can explain this to us?

Bill Clark