[78-L] E.U. just as corrupt as the U.S. [fwd]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 01:26:25 PDT 2011

On 10/09/11 08:09, Mike Harkin wrote:

> Unless, of course, the lapdogs of the RIAA in the US Congress and the EU Parlament choose in their alleged wisdom they choose to declare that PD is no longer PD.  Not-
> withstanding the constitutional prohibition against ex post facto laws.  Isn't that what Congress did in the Sonnyofabitch Bonehead case?
>
> Mike in Plovdiv

I suggest that anyone who has issued stuff that has now been un-PD'ed
hand themselves in at their nearest police station! Incidentally, who
will be guilty of committing an offence--the publisher, the stores
selling 'em, importers etc?

Do I understand that the 70-year rule applies from the date when the
record was published, rather than recorded? This means that previously
unissued performances/takes can now only be released by the owning
company, after which the 70-year clock will start ticking. See ya in 2081!

      Julian Vein