[78-L] another Party Record question

Rod Brown raudiobrown at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:33:55 PDT 2011

Professors all,

I recently got hold of an English comedy record, on the Old Ned label. Said
label is quite plain and generic-looking, which led me to wonder whether
this outfit was comparable to some of the "party" labels circulated here in
the States.

Titles:

In The Bushes At The Bottom Of The Garden
English Novelty
ON 6-A

She Was Poor But She Was Honest
English Song
ON 6-B

Those same numbers are stamped into the lead-out area.

The humor is only a little suggestive or risque, not at all raunchy by
today's standards. It has made me laugh, all the same.

I don't see much info via google about Old Ned records. Does anyone have
info handy, like maybe how long they were in business, and who the key
players were? Some of the voices sound familiar, but this novice can't place
them.

I'll keep an eye open for more of these, though I won't hold my breath.

Best,
Rod