[78-L] European Sound Recording Copyright Extension

Alan Bunting alanbuntinguk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 06:09:48 PDT 2011

In typical EU style, the document Bill refers to needs to be read in conjunction with the original Directive 2006/116/EC which contains the Article 10 referred to on page 14.  It may be found here:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:372:0012:0018:EN:PDF

However, even when you read both there is, so far as I can see, no clear answer to the retrospection question.

One hopes that eventually they will produce a single document which will make things clear.

As I said in my original post - a field day for the lawyers.

Alan Bunting