[78-L] Folded Decca album

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Tue Aug 23 13:22:14 PDT 2011

I only have one Bluebird set in a folded album, (not a children's set but BP 2, "Favorite Christmas Carols"), and it is very poorly put together;  the cardboard is corrugated and of a strength you would expect in a flimsy cardboard box and it appears one long piece of cardboard was folded to make the album.  The envelopes are of the same quality as those in which records were purchased at the time.  I have a couple of the Deanna Durbin sets in folded albums and the backings are much sturdier - like the quality of album covers - and each section is an individual piece connected to the next one with hingeing tape.  The envelopes appear to be the same quality as sleeves in a normal album.  Each set includes a booklet which is simply slid in with one of the records.

db