[78-L] The same song, different state?

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 19:25:32 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

 On 8/19/2011 10:15, Dennis Flannigan wrote:
>>  In the musing that is boredom, I remembered how many rose songs; like
>>  "Alabama Rose," "Washington Rose," Alaska Rose," "California Rose" and
>> other state "rose" songs exist.

I've never heard of "Washington Rose".  Washington's song is "Washington,
My Home" and a blander bit of treacle you've never heard.  We had to sing
it in grade school.

There's peace you feel and understand.
In
this, our own beloved land.
We greet the day with head held high,
And forward
ever is our cry.
We'll happy ever be
As people always
free.
For you and me a destiny;
Washington my
home.

If that doesn't sound bad to you, you need to hear the tune.
It's a kids skipping around the maypole kind of thing.

I prefer You-Dub's "Bow Down to Washington."