[78-L] The same song, different state?

Gene Baron gene.baron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 19:05:18 PDT 2011

Hi,

The whole 'Maryland My Maryland/O Tannenbaum' topic went round the list some
months ago.  How about the state waltz songs?  There are Kentucky,
Tennessee, West Virginia, Arizona (I think), and others, I presume.  And was
Bill Monroe's 'Kentucky Waltz' (a lovely meoldy, unfortunately with only one
verse) the first of them, as I have heard?

Gene
gene.baron at gmail.com