[78-L] FilmOPhone and Phonycord

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Aug 18 11:28:21 PDT 2011

I recently got my first examples of these two British plastic flexis and
wonder what the discographical info for them are.  I had not expected
that Rust's British Dance Bands did not cover Phonycord, at least in the
first edition I have.  However, considering the name of the orch it
might be a German group but the vocals are in English.  The FilmOPhone
if a Wurlitzer organ record so I don't know where it would be listed but
it also has an unidentified vocal one side and it would be nice to know
who he is.

Phoneycord P75
     "KING of JAZZ" Selection
           Tiergarten Light Orch Part1  P115A / Part 2 P116A
              [unbilled male vocal "A Bench In The Park" in Part 1;
               and "The Song of the Dawn" in Part 2]

FilmOPhone 445
       Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries  BT 2200  [unbilled male vocal]
        Whistling Waltz BT 2201
      Wurlitzer Organ, C.D Smart, Organist

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com