[78-L] 128 Different 4 Minute Stories on 2 - 10" 78s

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 10:36:08 PDT 2011

On 18/08/11 18:26, 78records at cdbpdx.com wrote:
> Just brought home a small group of records that include 2 - ATLANTIC RECORDS FOR CHILDREN label 78s - "The Ever-So-Many Amazing Adventures Of Johnny".  Each side of these 2 records has 4 seperate grooves, each with an individual 1 minute  story segment.  There are 4 sides, therefore there are a total of 16 different story segments, with side 4 on the 2nd record having the last 30 seconds or so with only a single groove playing as the same ending to all the stories.  4 story segments on each of 4 sides of 2 records that can be played in 128 different combinations.  128 different 4 minute stories equals 532 minutes of entertainment, or over 6 1/2 hours of story telling.  WHEW!
>
> Anyway, just thought I'd share my amazement.  CDB

Found this in the Atlantic disco:

      Burt Hilber And Co. - The Magic Record
      Album<http://www.jazzdisco.org/atlantic/1949-dis/#490900-2->

Burt Hilber

NYC, circa September, 1949???

302

The Amazing Adventures Of Johnny, Pt. I

Atlantic 114, 311

303

The Amazing Adventures Of Johnny, Pt. II

-

304

The Amazing Adventures Of Johnny, Pt. III

Atlantic 115, 311

305

The Amazing Adventures Of Johnny, Pt. IV

-

* /Burt Hilber - The Magic Record Album/ (Atlantic 311)
* /Burt Hilber - The Amazing Adventures Of Johnny, Pt. 1&2/ (Atlantic 114)
* /Burt Hilber - The Amazing Adventures Of Johnny, Pt. 3&4/ (Atlantic 115)

      Julian Vein