[78-L] 128 Different 4 Minute Stories on 2 - 10" 78s

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Thu Aug 18 10:26:48 PDT 2011

Just brought home a small group of records that include 2 - ATLANTIC RECORDS FOR CHILDREN label 78s - "The Ever-So-Many Amazing Adventures Of Johnny".  Each side of these 2 records has 4 seperate grooves, each with an individual 1 minute  story segment.  There are 4 sides, therefore there are a total of 16 different story segments, with side 4 on the 2nd record having the last 30 seconds or so with only a single groove playing as the same ending to all the stories.  4 story segments on each of 4 sides of 2 records that can be played in 128 different combinations.  128 different 4 minute stories equals 532 minutes of entertainment, or over 6 1/2 hours of story telling.  WHEW!

Anyway, just thought I'd share my amazement.  CDB