[78-L] Glenn Osser Silvertone

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:12:13 PDT 2011

I've just heard Silvertone 10 A and B courtesy of YouTube. It is a 12" 78 of
Whispering and Stardust, arranged and conducted by Glenn Osser.

I am aware that this was a Sears product, but I wonder whether there is a
Mercury equivalent somewhere. I'm almost positive that it was never issued
on LP.

Does anyone have the Greenwood Press Mercury discography handy and can give
me a recording date? Also, were there any additional sides recorded (I have
a suspicion that TIme on My Hands was also recorded on the same day).

Also, what would the original Silvertone cost at the time?

Many thanks,
Jeff Sultanof