[78-L] Happy Birthday, Lucy (a day late)

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 16:11:54 PDT 2011

In a message dated 8/11/2011 4:33:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
soundthink at live.com writes:

This is  unbelievable. I've never seen so much gross marketing of a
personality, except  maybe for Elvis. Are there many Lucy fans that are this nuts
to want to buy  Lucy luggage tags and birdhouses??

Cary Ginell

> From:  L78rpm at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:12:44 -0400
> To:  78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Happy Birthday, Lucy  (a day late)
>
> Lucy fans might google "59 Lucy  Lane".   You'll get several hits,
> including images of  her childhood home in upstate NY.  It's owned by my
cousins and
> has been restored to its appearance in the 1920s when Lucy was   growing
up
> there.   My cousins ive there part of the  year.
>
> They also sell Lucy-related products  online.  I believe there is also  a
> gift shop.  You  missed their garage sale on August 6.

Yup.  There's also an annual Lucy Fest and a Desi-Lucy Playhouse and a
week of related events.  They contributed a substantial amount to the  theatre
but aren't currently involved in the events.  The house on Lucy  Lane is
their only involvement at this point.

pc