[78-L] Jerry Gray "Restringing the Pearls"

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Jul 16 11:06:30 PDT 2011

Thanks,  Julian...that is one heck of a band roster...the amazing "Goz"
added power to so many brass sections...I know the piano was somebody great
and Rowles sure fits that description.

Years ago I had a chance to talk to Rowles on a break between sets...we
chatted about Margaret Whiting and  Lee Wiley,  two of my faves and,  as it
turned out,  two of his...he raved about Whiting with whom he had worked on
occasion.

Taylor