[78-L] Jerry Gray "Restringing the Pearls"

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 18:09:31 PDT 2011

I had known Al Hendrickson since 1980(when he first retired here to North Bend,Oregon)and John Best since 1978 when I met him at a concert in Springfield,Oregon.I have Jerry Gray's "Crew Cut" and "By the Waters of
the Minnetonka" around here somewhere.It's on a Decca 78 and I've always wondered just when it was recorded.Al was another close friend and John Best used to tell me of his days with both Glenn Miller and Artie
Shaw.The last time I spoke to John was in 1995.