[78-L] Jerry Gray "Restringing the Pearls"

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 16 10:50:36 PDT 2011

On 16/07/11 18:26, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> Anyone able to give me the personnel for this wonderful ca. 1950 record by
> the Gray band?  Wonderful solos,  esp. the piano.
>
> Thanks from
>
> Taylor

 From Lord 10.0:

Jerry Gray And His Orchestra:
John Best, Conrad Gozzo, Dale "Mickey" McMickle, Zeke Zarchy (tp) Murray
McEachern, Tommy Pederson, Hoyt Bohannon, Jimmy Priddy (tb) Les Robinson
(as) Wilbur Schwartz (as,cl) Ted Nash, Jules Jacobs (ts) John Rotella
(bar,as) Jimmy Rowles (p) Al Hendrickson (g) Joe Mondragon (b) Alvin
Stoller (d) Tony Gray (accor,vcl) Tommy Traynor, Crew Chiefs, Bobby
Troup (vcl)
Hollywood, June 27, 1950
L5707    You wonderful you (tt vcl)    De 27122
L5708    Dig-dig-dig for your dinner (bt,cc vcl)       27122
L5709    Restringing the pearls [A ball of twine]       27621

All top studio men!

      Julian Vein