[78-L] Arion label 78 disc

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Jul 6 04:44:07 PDT 2011

Arion 514-B has:
6591 Reis Aus / Polka - C. Metterle Kapelle / New York.
Reverse unknown.
I was unaware of the Gnt connection.

This issue has the more common Arion label (without musicians in a large oval logo).
This common label ("Arion Record" instead of "Arion") says "Arion Record Import"
along the lower border, and also in an embellished circle at 12 (poss. with musicians
above, but this is difficult to see in the images).
A slightly different label type also says "Recorded in Germany" along lower rim.
All titles & text in German.

Not all issues show the mx on the label, but 505-A has mx 6543, by "Stahl Kapelle Phila."
Mxs on other issues (from images) are 353, 2156, 3608, 8149.

Don, if you have scans, can I get them too.

han enderman
===

Ooh, ooh, ooh!!
Arion 530 is from Gennett masters rec. NYC c. Feb. 21, 1923. Both
matrices are from Gennett's 2nd New York master series and do not appear
in the main ledger listings. There are no recording cards or ledgers for
this matrix series so I've been reconstructing it as I go. I had both
titles and artists in my database but no issue name or number. Thanks
for providing this new info!
The artist credit as I currently show it is to Schwabische Kapelle
Conrad Metterle. My titles are a bit confused, though. It looks like
whoever wrote them down didn't know German. I show the-A side as "St.
Philipes Mattzer" and side -B as "Bienenday Polka". Since you have the
labels in front of you I bow to your spellings.
Unfortunately I have no artist history information.
Can you send me label scans?
Best,
Malcolm

*******