[78-L] Request information on Bohumir Kryl - cornetist

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:19:19 PDT 2011

Thank you Dan, for your concise and excellent summary. I have little to add, except that Kryl did record for Homer Rodeheaver's Rainbow Records in the early 1920s. These were probably made in Rody's Chicago studio rather than at Gennett, because had he made them there Gennett would've issued them also, and they didn't.

Also when I was researching Kryl for my Rody discography, which appeared in a 2008 issue of the ARSC Journal, I discovered that Kryl ran his own label, probably in the 1950s. He issued 45s of his playing, probably drawn from old records, I know not which ones, but I thought that was very interesting!

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com