[78-L] Raksin w/ Buck and Bubbles

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Jun 5 18:31:55 PDT 2011

The label of the Buck and Bubbles English Columbia  #1524 of   Lady,  Be
Good b/w Breakfast in Harlem  gives additional label credit "with Dave
Raksin,  clarinet."

I have just learned that film composer Raksin (Laura,  Bad & The Beautiful,
etc.) was also a multi-instrumentalist who did at one time play clarinet in
a dance band.

I am curious how/why  young Raksin might have been in London with B&B to
make this record,  as he was already under contract with one of the studios
to do arrangements.

Anybody have any details on the circumstances of this particular recording
session?  I do NOT need the info which is printed in the Rust
discography...I'm looking for the background info.

Thanks from

Taylor