[78-L] Canadian Warner Bros 78s -- The Pressing Thereof

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 5 12:58:35 PDT 2011

At 18:53 05/06/2011, HE wrote:
>At least a single 78 was issued in England and in Brazil,
>and there were issues in India, Philippines & South Africa (all rare).

There were several in the UK, among them WB 17 as the UK catalogue
number -- WB 5163 being the US, -- Lucille by the Everly Brothers..
The first UK Warners 78 WB 1 - (US:WB 5151) looks to be Cathy Clown by them.

South Africa continued up to at least WB 5199 which was Ebony Eyes by
the aforementioned brothers.

Brazil apparently started late with 78-WB-1 there being WB 5259 Al Di
La by Emilio Pericoli in June 1962

Phillipines was also 1962 -- September I think with The Pearls and
the songs are Happy Over Youb/w If I Had a Choice on  WB 5300